Maybe you’ve spotted the making of this dress on Twitter and Instagram. I’m pretty sure this is the dress I shared the most in progress pictures of, but it’s so lovely!
I found this beautifull fabric in the webshop Ella & Basil. It’s a cotton from the Nature Studies 2 collection by Robert Kaufman. I get a ton of questions about this fabric, so if you want buy some you should hurry up!
The fabric is sold out at Ella & Basil. But you can also find this fabric at Cas & Nina.
I used the Belladonne dress pattern from Deer & Doe (for the second time). I can’t stop loving it!
Ps, I made a tutorial about removing the center back seam from the Belladone dress, and any other dress in fact.
Since I’m pretty tal patterns are always too short on me. So yeah, let’s not think about that now. The overal fit is pretty good, I did took 2 cm out of the back for a more fitted look, but is wasn’t absolutely nessesary.
Can you spot on which side the invisible zip is?
To make the dress fit perfectly I did some adjustments, I took out 2 cm of the back and made the bodice 2 cm longer. The waist band rests perfectly in my waist now. As usual I inserted the zipper in the side seam. Since the neckline was a bit too big I made 0,5 cm smaller on both the back and front bodice. Next I should make it even smaller by taking out 0,5 cm only in the front.
On the dress the bust darts are pretty high up so I decided to lower them. It dit fit very nice even with the higher darts so, actually, I would bother lowering them.
I’m very proud of my matching seamlines
For the first time I did some pattern matching! To be honest, for the fist time I machted something different then stripes. I cutted out a few pieces before I decided to match them, so not everything is matchy-matchy but there are some parts I’m very proud of!
This dress is just amazing! It’s perfect for spring! Just by looking at it I get really happy!
Btw, I’m working on a turorial so you too can get this pretty dress without a center back zip. The tutorial is here!